Saturday, May 16, 2020

Sunday School: Holy Spirit Doves

Hi everyone,

If you heard my children's sermon for this week's 10:00 Sunday service, you know that when I was younger, I noticed the painting of a dove over the entrance to the church I attended at the time.  Once I knew what it was, that dove helped me to remember each time I passed it to slow down and listen for God's voice. It was also a wonderful reminder that God is always with us no matter where we are, whatever is going on in the world around us, whether we notice God or not!

You can find a dove printable here that you can put somewhere to remind you to stop, say "Thank you" for the gift of the Holy Spirit, and take a second to listen for God's voice in your heart. To use this one, just cut out the body and wings, decorate, and glue or tape the wings on.  The extra ovals are feathers that you can stick on the wings if you would like. That's a lot of cutting and gluing so I usually don't use them and just draw on the wings.

If you don't have a printer, here's another one that you can make with a paper plate! And if you don't have a paper plate or a printer, you could draw your own dove or choose something in your house that you see every day to be that reminder for you instead.

Have a great week!
Chaplain Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Bingo

Love Bingo This summer, let's practice loving God and loving our neighbors as ourselves by playing Love Bingo!  Download the Love Bingo ...