Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Sunday School (week of June 28, 2020): Jeremiah

Hello, Sunday Schoolers!

This week in the family service, we read the story of Jeremiah.  If you missed it, click here to listen to the story (then come back)! God showed Jeremiah a potter - no, not Harry Potter! We're talking about the kind of potter that makes pots and other things out of clay.  You can see this video that shows a potter working and talking about our story:


As we hear in the video, God has a plan for all of us.  He helps us to learn and grow, and helps our hearts to be more and more like God's heart.  God can make us look different on the outside as we grow up, but this story is mostly about the ways God changes us on the inside.  Best of all, like the potter in the story, God has a plan to fix things when they go wrong! If we love God and listen to him, and if we apologize and ask for forgiveness when we make bad choices, our hearts will be soft like the clay and God will help to make us into what God wants us to be.



For this week's craft, we have a clay pot like the one in the story.  You can click here to print the template. I included two sheets of hearts in case you don't want any with the words, or if you want more than six. We will glue it down like a pocket on a blank piece of paper, and then cut out some hearts to put inside the pot to remind us of this story.  If you would like, you can cut out the title and put that on there, too. You can write or draw on the hearts some of the ways that God is shaping you, or some ideas from the story that you want to remember! You can also leave some blank for later, and write something on them when you think of it.  I put sentence starters on the first three to help you get started, and here are a few more ideas:

1. God is helping me to be kinder to my brother or sister.
2. God is helping me to forgive people when they are mean or hurt my feelings.
3. God is making me brave to do what is right even when others make a different choice.
4. When I do something wrong (sin), God forgives me and helps me to do better next time.
5. When I pray and read the Bible, my heart is soft like clay for God to shape.
6. When I pray for my enemies (or people that are hard to love), God helps me to love them.
7. God is making my heart more like God's heart.
8. God has a plan for everyone.
9. God is the potter, I am the clay.
10. God is filling my heart with His love!
11. God has a plan for everyone, no matter how young or old.

I hope you enjoy this craft! If you make one and email me a picture at tashlock@st-andrews.org, I'll show the picture in the family service video. (We record the family service ahead of time, so if you send me a picture and don't see it this week, that probably means we already recorded and it will be in the one after that!) If you have other Sunday School crafts from the last few weeks that you would like to show your friends, I'm happy to share those pictures, too!

Have a great week!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Bingo

Love Bingo This summer, let's practice loving God and loving our neighbors as ourselves by playing Love Bingo!  Download the Love Bingo ...